🎯 Our mission
Our mission at Column Tax is to democratize access to financial help and meaningfully improve people’s lives. Today, high net worth individuals in the United States have teams of accountants and lawyers to help them avoid taxes, while in the same country, 3/4 of Americans don’t have access to any financial or tax advice. Over 100M adults in the US report that they would not have the funds to cover a $1,000 emergency bill.
It’s not right. And Column Tax is fixing it.
👥 Our team
We're a fast-growing, tight-knit team on a mission to remake the income tax landscape in the U.S. Our founders (ex-Waymo) and early engineering team (ex-Google Brain, ex-Intuit ML) are passionate about building products that will directly impact the financial security of millions of Americans.
We’re a remote-first company and we have flexible offices for in-person collaboration in strategic locations like San Francisco & New York.
🏔️ As a Founding Product Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work with the founders to align on a product vision & convert that into a product strategy
- Jump in and solve problems across the product & business (we're all owners at Column Tax)
- Run pilots with Column Tax customers
- Manage Design, UX, and Research (create wireframes, write copy, manage contract designers, run UXR sessions)
- Work with engineering to correctly scope and prioritize projects by effort/reward
💻 About you:
- You have experience as a Product Manager for an API product (Bonus: PM for a Fintech API product)
- You have experience working closely with go-to-market teams and either (A) Running pilots with customers or (B) Launching new products with customers
- You have strong written communication skills
- You get excited about doing the little things needed to get a product to market
- You are able to handle ambiguity & change
⭐ Things we value:
- Focus: we know that doing great work takes long blocks of uninterrupted time
- Ownership: everyone at Column is empowered to make big decisions
- Transparency: expect honest & vulnerable communication
- Doing the right thing: Taxes is an industry with a history of predatory practices; we’re determined to fix that
- Time off: unlimited PTO with a suggested minimum. We want you to truly recharge!
- High-quality healthcare coverage:
- 95-100% coverage for employees & 75% for dependents
- 2 month parental leave policy
- Top-notch MacBook + home office budget
- Free accounting services & tax prep each year
☑️ What happens after you apply:
- Intro call with one of the founders
- Take home: A short, time-boxed product scenario
- Virtual one-day “onsite”: tell us about your previous work & values, see what working with us would be like, and work through a product problem live with the team
📩 How to apply:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your LinkedIn/personal site or apply here: