🏔️ The business team at Column Tax
At Column Tax, we work with banking & fintech companies to offer powerful, embedded tax products to their account holders. We give our partners a lever to increase retention, deposits, engagement & customer understanding via white-label tax products (like embedded tax filing), native in their app.
Over the last two years, we’ve built out the foundation for the business. We’ve worked with dozens of partners to launch embedded tax products. We’ve done that with a mix of founder-led sales & BizOps team members running deals/launching partners. We’ve now grown beyond that! Things are working, and it’s time to scale.
📈 The next phase of growth at Column Tax
It’s time for the next evolution of the business team at Column. This will mean running everything from sourcing to launched integrations. We don’t have a split between sales & account management here - this team will do it all!
We are hiring across two areas on go-to-market. Scaling up the team focus on Fintech (this role) and building out a team focused on selling to Financial Institutions. See
What does a founding go-to-market role look like?
- Spending lots of time with fintech focused companies to deeply understand their product strategy & ethos (in an authentic way).
- Helping prospective partners think through where embedded Tax Filing can/could/should fit in their strategy.
- Working closely with prospective partners to build a business case & product plan for embedded Tax products.
- Closing deals and running the sales cycle end-to-end with fintech companies.
- Spending time with our Column Tax product team to map our internal roadmap to what partners & prospects need to be successful.
- Once signed: running our launch playbook with partners (helping them design & market an effective product launch).
- Working more like an internal Product or BizOps member of their team than an external sales person.
- Working directly with our partner's engineering teams to deliver high-quality, high-converting integrations
- Translating learnings from specific deals into an overall Column Tax GtM strategy (What segments should we focus more on? Why?).
Plus much more! This role brings an opportunity for endless creativity. We’ve helped partners go from first call to launched product in under 5 days. We’ve made TikTok videos for partners to use on their social pages. We’ve helped partners redesign their apps to integrate tax filing in a natural way. We’ve run user research sessions to test different marketing messaging for partners.
You will have the opportunity (and freedom) to shape the next phase of go-to-market at Column Tax. From intro calls to launched integrations.
How do we measure success for the GtM team at Column Tax?
- Are we being genuinely helpful for partners that are evaluating embedded tax products (and working with Column Tax)?
- Are we helping partners land an incredible “end-to-end” tax products product experience in their product?
- Do partners treat us like a part of their internal product team?
- Do partners rave about working with us?
- Are our partners consistently delighted & surprised by the work we do for them?
- Are we one of the best & most responsive teams they’ve ever worked with?
This is what success looks like in practice for our team:
💻 About you:
We believe that people from a wide-range of backgrounds have the opportunity to be successful in this role. We think most likely:
- You likely have previous experience in Sales, Partnerships, Account Management or Solutions Engineering.
- You may have more experience in BizOps/Strategy and are looking to make the move into a revenue-focused role
- You may have more experience in Product and are looking to make the move to more of a “GM” type role at a B2B company
- You have specific experience in fintech, likely on the sales or growth team at a B2B fintech company.
- You genuinely enjoy sales + new partner launch work. You’re a master at listening & discovery. You know when to help partners and when to let them lead.
- You are someone who has worked at an early-stage startup (or has specific experience launching/growing a new B2B product line at a larger company)
- You haven’t seen a problem you weren’t excited to solve 😄
- You get excited about doing the little things needed to make a partnership happen
⭐ Things we value:
- Focus: we know that doing great work takes long blocks of uninterrupted time
- Ownership: everyone at Column is empowered to make big decisions
- Transparency: expect honest & vulnerable communication
- Vision: everyone on our team dreams big about solving complex problems
- Doing the right thing: Tax is an industry with a history of predatory practices; we’re determined to fix that
- Time off: unlimited PTO with a minimum. We want you to truly recharge!
- High-quality health, vision & dental coverage
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Top-notch MacBook + home office budget
☑️ What happens after you apply:
- Intro call with one of the Co-founders or BizOps team members
- Take home: a short, time-boxed project
- Virtual one-day “onsite”: tell us about your previous work & values, see what working with us would be like, and work through a business problem live with the team
📩 How to apply:
Email us at email@example.com with your LinkedIn/personal site or apply here: