🏔️ The business team at Column Tax
At Column Tax, we work with banking & fintech companies to offer powerful, embedded tax products to their account holders. We give our partners a lever to increase retention, deposits, engagement & customer understanding via white-label tax products (like embedded tax filing), native in their app.
Over the last two years, we’ve built out the foundation for the business. We’ve worked with dozens of partners to launch embedded tax products. We’ve done that with a mix of founder-led sales & BizOps team members running deals/launching partners. We’ve now grown beyond that! Things are working, and it’s time to scale.
📈 The next phase of growth at Column Tax
It’s time for the next evolution of the business team at Column. This will mean running everything from sourcing to launched integrations. We don’t have a split between sales & account management here - this team will do it all!
We are hiring across two areas on go-to-market. Scaling up the team focus on Financial Insitutions (this role) and building out a team focused on selling to Fintech companies. See
Banks are thinking about their next phase of growth and how to help their account holders. We believe embedded tax products will be a part of that. We’re hiring a team to fully own the FI & bank vertical at Column Tax.
What does a “founding go-to-market for Financial Institution” role look like specifically?
- Spending lots of time with FIs & banks to deeply understand their product strategy & ethos (in an authentic way).
- Helping prospective partners think through where embedded Tax Product can/could/should fit in their strategy. We spend lots of time with companies figuring out how to fit things together for a Tax Filing product.
- Building deep relationships across the many teams at a large FI
- Working closely with prospective partners to build a business case & product plan for embedded Tax products.
- Spending lots of time with our Column Tax product team to map our internal roadmap to what partners & prospects need to be successful.
- Once signed: running our launch playbook with partners (helping them design & market an effective product launch)
- Translating learnings from specific deals into an overall Column Tax GtM strategy (What segments should we focus more on? Why?)
You will have the opportunity (and freedom) to shape the next phase of go-to-market at Column Tax. You will own this vertical and get to build it from where we are today into something much bigger.
How do we measure success for the GtM team at Column Tax?
- Are we being genuinely helpful for partners that are evaluating embedded tax products (and working with Column Tax)?
- Are we helping partners land an incredible “end-to-end” tax filing product experience in their product?
- Do partners treat us like a part of their internal product team?
- Do partners rave about working with us?
- Are our partners consistently delighted & surprised by the work we do for them?
- Are we one of the best & most responsive teams they’ve ever worked with?
This is what success looks like in practice for our business team:
💻 About you:
We believe that people from a wide-range of backgrounds have the opportunity to be successful in this role. We think most likely you:
- Have previous experience in Sales, Partnerships, Account Management or Solutions Engineering at a B2B fintech company
- Have previous experience selling/launching embedded financial products to/with Financial Institutions & chartered banks
- Know what it takes to get a large bank or financial institution from a first call to successfully launching an embedded product
- Have worked at an early-stage startup (or has specific experience launching/growing a new B2B product line at a larger company)
- Genuinely enjoy sales + new partner launch work with large financial institutions.
- Get excited about doing the little things needed to make a partnership happen
⭐ Things we value:
- Focus: we know that doing great work takes long blocks of uninterrupted time
- Ownership: everyone at Column is empowered to make big decisions
- Transparency: expect honest & vulnerable communication
- Vision: everyone on our team dreams big about solving complex problems
- Doing the right thing: Tax is an industry with a history of predatory practices; we’re determined to fix that
- Time off: unlimited PTO with a minimum. We want you to truly recharge!
- High-quality health, vision & dental coverage
- Up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Top-notch MacBook + home office budget
☑️ What happens after you apply:
- Intro call with one of the Co-founders or BizOps team members
- Take home: a short, time-boxed project
- Virtual one-day “onsite”: tell us about your previous work & values, see what working with us would be like, and work through a business problem live with the team
📩 How to apply:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your LinkedIn/personal site or apply here: