🎯 Our mission
Our mission at Column Tax is to democratize access to financial help and meaningfully improve people’s lives. Today, high net worth individuals in the United States have teams of accountants and lawyers to help them avoid taxes, while in the same country, 3/4 of Americans don’t have access to any financial or tax advice. Over 100M adults in the US report that they would not have the funds to cover a $1,000 emergency bill.
It’s not right. And Column Tax is fixing it.
👥 Our team
We're a fast-growing, tight-knit team on a mission to remake the income tax landscape in the U.S. Our founders (ex-Waymo) and early engineering team (ex-Google Brain, ex-Intuit ML) are passionate about building products that will directly impact the financial security of millions of Americans.
We’re a remote-first company and we have flexible offices for in-person collaboration in strategic locations like San Francisco & New York.
🏔️ As a Founding Fullstack Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Directly impact the financial security of millions of Americans
- Build product from scratch and set product direction
- Make hiring decisions
- Set our engineering practices and technology choices
- Shape our future culture
- Work with our existing tech stack (no prior experience needed!): React, TypeScript, Chakra, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Swift, Kotlin, React Native
💻 About you:
- You have the ability to write quality product software
- You are able to handle ambiguity & change
- You are an execution-minded team player
⭐ Things we value:
- Focus: we know that doing great work takes long blocks of uninterrupted time
- Ownership: everyone at Column is empowered to make big decisions
- Transparency: expect honest & vulnerable communication
- Doing the right thing: Taxes is an industry with a history of predatory practices; we’re determined to fix that
- Time off: unlimited PTO with a suggested minimum. We want you to truly recharge!
- High-quality healthcare coverage:
- 95-100% coverage for employees & 75% for dependents
- 2 month parental leave policy
- Top-notch MacBook + home office budget
- Free accounting services & tax prep each year
☑️ What happens after you apply:
- Intro call with one of the founders
- Technical screen
- Virtual half-day “onsite”: tell us about your previous work & values, see what working with us would be like, and solve a real technical challenge
📩 How to apply:
Email us at email@example.com with your LinkedIn/GitHub or apply here: